Topic: Taking my first swing at tableless layout (Page 1 of 1) Pages that link to <a href="http://ozoneasylum.com/backlink?for=25655" title="Pages that link to Topic: Taking my first swing at tableless layout (Page 1 of 1)" rel="nofollow" >Topic: Taking my first swing at tableless layout <span class="small">(Page 1 of 1)</span>\

 
redroy
Bipolar (III) Inmate

From: 1393
Insane since: Dec 2003

IP logged posted posted 05-02-2005 04:56 Edit Quote

Well, I've finally made the move to a complete CSS layout... I'm running into a couple snags and am wondering how close I am to doing things properly.

My snags:
1. Every once and a while the text " Copyright, fine print 'n stuff" will wonder up to the middle area (in FireFox) until I refresh. I have no idea why.
2. I want the navigation on the right to push the page down if it happens to be longer than the content. As of now it doesn't do that. If I put the div that holds the nav within the main div (same div that's holding the content div) it pushes the content down below it... help?

Other than that I think I'm rolling along... I'm completely loving this!

Here's the site --> CLICKY

reisio
Paranoid (IV) Inmate

From: Florida
Insane since: Mar 2005

IP logged posted posted 05-02-2005 11:19 Edit Quote
quote:
redroy said:

1. Every once and a while the text " Copyright, fine print 'n stuff"
will wonder up to the middle area (in FireFox) until I refresh. I have
no idea why.


Try switching out this...

code:
#bottomNav
{
position: absolute;
padding: 5px;
margin: 45px 0 0 38px;
text-align: left;
width: 400px;
}
#footer
{
padding: 0;
text-align: left;
background: #687691 url(images/footerBG.jpg) center bottom no-repeat;
height: 97px;
}


...for this...

code:
#bottomNav
{
padding: 50px 5px 5px 5px;
margin: 0 0 0 38px;
text-align: left;
width: 400px;
}
#footer
{
padding: 0;
text-align: left;
background: #687691 url(images/footerBG.jpg) center bottom no-repeat;
height: 97px;
}


quote:
redroy said:

2. I want the navigation on the right to push the page down if it
happens to be longer than the content. As of now it doesn't do that. If
I put the div that holds the nav within the main div (same div that's
holding the content div) it pushes the content down below it... help?


Get back to you on this.

quote:
redroy said:

Other than that I think I'm rolling along... I'm completely loving this!


Looks pretty good.

(Edited by reisio on 05-02-2005 12:13)

redroy
Bipolar (III) Inmate

From: 1393
Insane since: Dec 2003

IP logged posted posted 05-04-2005 20:08 Edit Quote

Thanks reisio... I'll have to give that change a try when I get home. Thanks for looking into my other prob



Post Reply
 
Your User Name:
Your Password:
Login Options: Remember Me On This Computer
 
Your Text:
Loading...
Options: Show Signature
Enable Slimies
Enable Linkwords

« BackwardsOnwards »

Show Forum Drop Down Menu