Topic: Almost home (Page 1 of 1) Pages that link to <a href="http://ozoneasylum.com/backlink?for=27618" title="Pages that link to Topic: Almost home (Page 1 of 1)" rel="nofollow" >Topic: Almost home <span class="small">(Page 1 of 1)</span>\

 
SPyX
Bipolar (III) Inmate

From: College Station, TX
Insane since: Aug 2002

IP logged posted posted 03-09-2006 22:44 Edit Quote

My friend posted about this site once before. We've managed to eliminate all the issues save two in IE.

The worse is http://www.residenthero.net/contact/ and I think what's wrong is pretty evident. The other is on http://www.residenthero.net/shows/ and you'll have to make your browser window small to see the banner image disalign. I would guess that both problems stem from the same source but I can't figure out what it is.

Thanks as always.
-SPyX

Edit: UBB D:<

(Edited by SPyX on 03-09-2006 22:52)

Suho1004
Maniac (V) Mad Librarian

From: Seoul, Korea
Insane since: Apr 2002

IP logged posted posted 03-10-2006 03:16 Edit Quote

OK, this is just from a quick look at the code (no time to test), so I could be completely wrong here...

At first I thought that the problem was that the auto left and right margins are not producing the desired effect in IE (that is, centering). But I see that this method is apparently working for the main div. I can't tell you exactly what's wrong at a glance, but wouldn't it be easier to have the container div be the width of the header graphic and then just center that (thus centering everything in it)? I'm having a hard time figuring out why you did it this way.

Sorry if this is a total misread. I just wanted to make the suggestion.


___________________________
Suho: www.liminality.org | Cell 270 | Sig Rotator | the Fellowship of Sup

SPyX
Bipolar (III) Inmate

From: College Station, TX
Insane since: Aug 2002

IP logged posted posted 03-10-2006 04:15 Edit Quote

Ok, so the problem with the contact page is that I'm an idiot. I was just missing the DOCTYPE.

Suho: While that is an excellent point (the reason it ended up like that is because the original structure began differently) and I've gone through and made that change, it doesn't seem to solve the problem.

DL-44
Lunatic (VI) Inmate

From: under the bed
Insane since: Feb 2000

IP logged posted posted 03-10-2006 04:48 Edit Quote

I did some quick testing, and by replacing the series of akward floated lists with a simple table (which is the correct tag for this type of information display), the problem went away.

I did not play around enough to see exactly what was causing the problem, but removing the floated lists solved it for me.

Suho1004
Maniac (V) Mad Librarian

From: Seoul, Korea
Insane since: Apr 2002

IP logged posted posted 03-10-2006 05:16 Edit Quote

Ah, yes, a missing doctype can do bad things. I can't believe I didn't spot that.


___________________________
Suho: www.liminality.org | Cell 270 | Sig Rotator | the Fellowship of Sup

(Edited by Suho1004 on 03-10-2006 05:17)



Post Reply
 
Your User Name:
Your Password:
Login Options: Remember Me On This Computer
 
Your Text:
Loading...
Options: Show Signature
Enable Slimies
Enable Linkwords

« BackwardsOnwards »

Show Forum Drop Down Menu