UBB Codes are little pieces of text that allow you to add more than plain text to your messages just about anywhere on the Grail.
Usually, you can just use the 'Insert UBB Code' buttons. If you can't for some reason, you'll find a list of all UBB Codes below.
Please note that there are some that are not included in the edit box.
To link to a page that has a linkword ( look in the upper right hand site to see if it has), you simply type ->Linkword
For convenience, you can easily make links of the grail to certain other pages. The general style is XX->Yyyyy. (note that case doesn't matter in the XX part, it may in the Yy part)
- php->unlink() - for making a link to the php manual's unlink entry.
- c2->WelcomeVisitors - for making a link to the Portland Pattern Repository (the famous first wiki).
Complete list of namespaces:
- PHP - php manual (http://www.php.net/)
- MySQL - MySQL manual (http://mysql.com/)
- Google - Google search engine (http://www.google.com)
- C++ - the single unix specification containing much C++ info (http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/index.html)
- C# - for C# help (http://www.codehound.com/csharp)
- Perl - for searching (www.perl.com)
- C2 - for making a link to the Portland Pattern Repository (the famous first wiki)
- RFC - for linking to a specific Request For Comment (via it's number)
Do you have a namespace suggestion? Speak up!
(remove space after [ to make them work)
- [##] where ## is the number of a page in the Asylum. You can see it after the title on every page around here. Makes a link (with description) to that page.
- [ b] & [ /b] For making something bold
- [ i] & [ /i] For making something italic
- [ u] & [ /u] For underlining.
- [ small] & [ /small] For making something small
- [ code] & [ /code] for printing code (UBB and slimies are not interpreted within [ code])
- [ url]http://www.ozoneasylum.com[ /url] for making a link
- [ url=http://www.ozoneasylum.com] The Ozone Asylum [ /url] for making a link with a description
- [ img]http://www.ozoneasylum.com/images/logo.gif[ /img] for inserting an image
- [ quote=Name]Quote Text[/quote] - for making a quote
- [ sigrotate]text1|text2[/sigrotate] - this is especially for your sig - it will choose one of the | seperated texts at random to actually include into your post. You can use any ubb code (like [ img] ) within. Sigs is only randomly selected on making a post. Afterwards it stays the same in that post. (Except if you edit your post again).
- [ ulist]
use stars (asterixes) to mark off items
[ /ulist] - to make an unorder list. Use [ olist] to make an ordered (numbered) list.
(Edited by Tyberius Prime on 11-01-2004 08:51)
(Edited by mcnielv on 06-06-2005 08:36)
(Edited by Tyberius Prime on 03-23-2007 13:38)